Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Diabetes Treatment - Small Changes Can Be Powerful

Looking back at National Diabetes month and World Diabetes Day, a common theme stood out to me in regards to diabetes treatment.? That theme was that small changes can make a big difference.

I got to interview rocker Bret Michaels, singer Angie Stone and actor/comedian Anthony Anderson.? They communicated how small changes--whether it be in diet, exercise or? attitude --have allowed them to gain control.? They feel they have a better quality of life and are able to enjoy it.

I personally have struggled with strict diet and exercise regimens that left me feeling burnt out, discouraged and overwhelmed.? As I've learned more over the years, I realize it is not about extremes or putting myself though a self-imposed boot camp, it's about consistency and do-able, realistic lifestyle changes.

Earlier in the month, I blogged about small goals.? Today I challenge you to think about a small change you can make in your life that could possibly reap huge benefits.? If you need ideas, check out these quick facts about diet and exercise with diabetes.

Please share the small changes you have decided to make in your life.


About Elizabeth Woolley
Diabetes Forum | Facebook |Twitter
RSS Feed | Newsletter


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment